THE CLIENT'S MATERIAS MUST MEET
I. Ready layout files are accepted as QuarkXpress™ for Macintosh documents. They must have included:
- TIFF (CMYK) and/or PhotoShop™ EPS raster illustrations in their natural sizes with resolution not less than 300 dpi,
- Macintosh EPS, A1(5.0/5.5 – 7.0) vector illustrations, with text converted into curves,
- All fonts used in the text must be placed in a separate folder and attached to the document,
- All Xtensions used in the document must be placed in a separate folder and attached to the document, too.
Here, you will find the samples of correctly made-up files: ; ; ; ; ; . Unfortunately, the files are for MS Windows only, but we are sure an experienced maker-up for Mac will easily understand what to do.
II. PostScript files are accepted under the following conditions:
- PostScript files are made for the printer Sitex VIP 2L; you can get its PPD here - Get Scitex VIP 2L PPD; Data Binary preferable, lpi 175 – 300, dpi 2450 – 3556; making-up is made immediately for the printing machine format (usually, 292õ420(465), in QuarkXpress™ for Macintosh if possible),
- If possible, one should use fonts tested on photosetting (better PostScript Type 1),
- After-cutting format is 292(!)x440 mm (one should check it in advance),
- For multi-page products, it is better to approve (or make) the copy-fitting with a Production Manager.
III. Client's color-separated films are accepted under the following conditions:
- after-cutting formats - 430x292 mm or 490x330 mm;
- optical density not less than 3.8D,
- no mechanical injuries as scratches and fractures,
- emulsion - down,
- image - positive,
- screen line number - up to 240 lpi,
- the CMYK color vignette (side of each square not less than 6 mm) must be printed along the longer side of a sheet, or, at least, some place must be left for it,
- The width of the printed area must be 12 mm less than that of a sheet,
- Crop-marks and registering marks must be printed on a film,
- Typical paper size - 310x465 mm. If the other size is required, it is a matter of preliminary discussion. The other paper sizes are: 210õ297, 297õ420, 305õ425, 320õ445, 350õ490, 350õ520 mm.
- Typical document sizes - 210x297, 290x420 mm (in programs as QuarkXPress, PageMaker).
IV. The client's materials are accepted in PC or Mac formats on the following media:
- SyQuest™ – 3.5" – 270 Mb,
- SyQuest™ – 5.25" – 44, 88, 200 Mb,
- MO disk – 5.25" – 600 Mb, 650 Mb, 1.2 Gb, 1.3 Gb, 2.6 Gb,
- ZIP 100 Mb,
- JAZZ 1 GB,
- any client's HD and SCSI device.
Any layout file must be provided with its color or black-and-white hardcopy. Slides and illustrations must be numbered, with corresponding numbers indicated in a hardcopy. Texts are accepted either typed on paper, or on electronic media (Word™ 6.0 for Windows™ format, left alignment, no division of words, no "end of paragraph" symbols at line end).
V. For film recording, the documents, created under UNIX or PC platforms, are preliminarily converted into Mac format followed by making-up in QuarkXPress™. Document conversion:
- PC QuarkXPress™ into MAC QuarkXPress™ - 20 / 1 hour,
- PC PhotoShop™ 3.0* into ÌÀÑ PhotoShop™ 3.0* - free,
- PC Adobe Illustrator™ 3, 4, 5 into ÌÀÑ Adobe Illustrator™ 3, 4, 5 - 30 / 1 hour,
- PC CorelDraw!™ 4, 5, 6 into ÌÀÑ Adobe Illustrator™ 3, 4, 5/Free Hand™ 5.5 - 30 / 1 hour,
- PC Page Maker™ 5.0 into ÌÀÑ Page Maker™ 5.0 – 30 /1 hour.
NEWS | DOMINO | DOM | SERVICES | LINKS
(new technologies | scanning | color separation
film printing | color testing | technical requirements)
(new technologies | printing equipment | finishing equipment)